Sunday, March 8, 2015

Slow Stitching

 Binding here.  This is not my quilt, but my friend Robin's quilt.  It appears maybe to be a 1950's quilt?  Anyway, her grandmother made four of these quilt tops, and I have been trying to get them all done for her. Millie quilted them, and I am binding them.  This is the very last one.  Robin has all the rest of them already.
Scraps and florals galore!!  It is not straight...it is not perfect...but I love the heart and soul and love that Robin's grandmother put into it.  So this is my slow stitching for the day!!  I am linking with Kathy, HERE.


Have a great day, everyone!

Julie

12 comments:

Kate said...

What a beautifully colorful quilt! Enjoy your slow stitching.

Nancy said...

Ahhh, quilting as it was originally intended - scrappy and personal - not a rotary cutter in sight.

I love it!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I just love the quilt on your blog header - it makes me want to jump into the scrap boxes and get busy.

Karen said...

I like the floral border fabric. I had a reproduction fabric at one time that looked very similar as far as the plaid but it had no flowers.

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

How fun to finish up a vintage quilt!

Leeanne said...

great going binding gal!

Quilter Kathy said...

A wonderful scrap quilt! Hope you enjoyed some stitching time today!

Kristie said...

That quilt is precious! I love quilts like that they have such meaning...
-Kristie

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looks fantastic

Lori said...

That is so wonderful that she has them and you helped her! I wish I had a family quilt of some sort.

Janet O. said...

How good of you to help your friend get these quilts completed. I'm sure that means a lot to her.
You are such a sweetheart!

Linda O said...

How fun to get to bind those scrappy treasures! And how nice of you to do that for your friend!

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...