Friday, May 30, 2014

LIttle pieces of this and that


 Well, I have 63 of these blocks cut out.  I started piecing them...and stopped, as is often what I do.  They are alternate blocks for an unimagined quilt.  So it is hard to stay with them, until I know what quilt they will be in!
 A dear friend sent me some scraps, asking if she should just throw them away, or send them to me.  SEND THEM TO ME!  I replied!  Above are a few of them, pieces that she had cut some blocks from, about 3 inches wide...hmmmmm what to do with them??
 Dream...and then cut!  See my ancient kitchen counters??
 The slivers that are left...
 A tiny mug rug, quite modern for me, out of the littlest 1 inch strings.
And tada!!  Baskets!!  See the pieces in the second picture...they have been cut into the body of baskets.  3.25 inch unfinished...can't help the strange measurements...that is what they were, LOL!  So I have 6 more cut out, and will sew them up soon.  Thank you to Mary at Quilt Hollow!!  See her blog HERE.



I love scraps!!!



Have a great weekend...

Julie

14 comments:

Linda O said...

Julie, I seriously don't know how you do it over and over, but you create the most amazing things from scraps!!! To think those darling baskets came from that little pile....you are gifted.

Nancy said...

I must echo Linda O's comments you are so clever AND creative!

AnnieO said...

I inspired, for sure! Mary gives good scrap :). Will the baskets mix with those alternate blocks? Love that little mug rug.

AnnieO said...

Well it's inspired THINKING. Not that I inspired it :). Fumble fingers here

Karen said...

You have a demanding job but yet still get a lot done. I enjoyed the view tonight.

audrey said...

You are so good! Love your baskets to pieces.:)

Kyle said...

Your creativity seems endless.

Loris said...

Excellent re-purpose! and lovely too :-)

Chantal said...

In the dictionary, under reduce, reuse and recycle it says See JulieKQuilts! You are A-MA-ZING!! An inspiration to us all. You sure are gifted. Keep up the great work! Thanks for sharing.

Rebecca in AK said...

Love the baskets and the mug rug! One person's scraps is Julie's treasure!! Will love to see what you do with the black and white block.

Janet O. said...

Sweet little basket quilt from Mary's scraps!
Mary wouldn't have ugly scraps--glad you rescued them and made something to love! : )
Your alternate blocks would look good with ANYTHING. I love chain alternate blocks!

Deanna said...

Great baskets! Your small-scale work is inspiring...I have a little pile of coordinated scraps that are looking for purpose...waiting for it!

Lori said...

You are so creative!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm delighted you found a use for my leftovers. :-) Good to know they were well received!

You have an amazing talent of repurposing! Love it!!

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...